There's something special about the energy of a full moon. It's a time when we can release what no longer serves us and set our intention for what we want to bring into our lives. The full moon is a powerful time to connect with our femininity and intuition.
What is a Fire Ceremony?
A fire ceremony is a Native American tradition that involves burning sage and cedar to cleanse oneself, one's space, and/or objects. The smoke from the herbs is wafted over the person or object being cleansed. It's believed that the smoke carries away negative energy.
Fire ceremonies are often performed during times of transition, such as the changing of the seasons or when someone is going through a major life change. They can also be used to release old patterns, habits, and belief systems that no longer serve us. Fire ceremonies are powerful tools for setting intentions and manifesting our desires.
In every moment, we have a choice. We can either hold on to the past or we can let it go. When we release what no longer serves us, we make way for new opportunities, experiences, and relationships. The full moon is a powerful time to release old patterns, behaviours, and ways of thinking that no longer align with our highest good.
The energies of the full moon can help us to let go of what isn’t serving us so that we can move forward in our lives with greater clarity and purpose. If you’re feeling called to do some releasing, there are a few things you can do to make the most of this powerful energy.
How to Release during Full Moon Energy
One of the best things you can do during full moon energy is to perform a fire ceremony. Fire is a powerful tool for transformation, and when combined with the potent energy of the full moon, it can help you to release old patterns quickly and efficiently.
To perform a fire ceremony, you will need a few items: pencil and paper, a candle, and something to start the fire with (lighter or matches). Write down everything that you’re ready to let go of on your piece of paper. This could be old pain, hurt from a past relationship, an outdated belief system, or anything else that’s no longer serving you.
Once you have your list, sit in front of your candle with your piece of paper. Take a few deep breaths and bring your awareness into the present moment. When you’re ready, light your paper on fire and watch as your intentions are carried up into the full moonlight. Allow yourself to feel the relief and release that comes with releasing what no longer serves you. Breathe deeply and give yourself permission to let go.
How to Perform a Fire Ceremony
You will need:
-4 oz of dried sage
-1 oz of dried cedar
-a fire-proof bowl or abalone shell
-a lighter or matches
-a feather (optional)
1. Gather your supplies. Make sure you have everything you need before you begin. Sage and cedar can be purchased online or at your local metaphysical store.
2. Create sacred space. Find a place where you won't be disturbed for at least 30 minutes. If you're outdoors, choose a spot away from any buildings or people. If you're indoors, light some candles and put on some calming music. Take a few deep breaths and allow yourself to relax into the moment.
3. Prepare the herbs. Place the sage and cedar in the fire-proof bowl or shell. If you're using an abalone shell, fill it halfway with sand first to prevent the herb from jumping out when it's lit.
4. Light the herbs. Use a lighter or matches to light the sage and cedar. Allow them to smolder and release their smoke into the air.
5. Cleanse yourself first . Starting at your head, waft the smoke downward over your body with your hand or feather until you reach your feet . As you do this, visualize any negativity leaving your body and entering the smoke .
6 . Cleanse your space . Once you've cleansed yourself , use the smoke from the sage and cedar to cleanse your home , office , or any other space that needs clearing . Start at one corner of the room and work your way around in a clockwise direction . If there are any areas that feel particularly dense , spend extra time cleansing them .
The full moon is a powerful time for releasing what no longer serves us and setting our intention for what we want to bring into our lives. A fire ceremony is a Native American tradition that helps us do just that. Fire ceremonies are often performed during times of transition, such as the changing of the seasons or when someone is going through a major life change. They can also be used to release old patterns, habits, and belief systems that no longer serve us . Fire ceremonies are powerful tools for setting intentions and manifesting our desires.